Wednesday, November 24, 2010

November

This has been a long month! We have been all over Brazil! We've flown to Sao Paulo, Brasilia, and Belem. On the 14th we drove to Ribeirao Preto airport. We were going to a mission training for my parents. They had sessions on learning how to do storying. We flew out of Ribeirao Preto to the Sao Paulo airport. We got to Sao Paulo and then we flew to a place called Belem. Belem is a city in the north or Brazil. I had never been there before so I didn't really know what to expect. All I knew was that it was extremely hot and always rainy. Which it was!!

We arrived at 10pm after leaving at 3pm. We weren't so tired though. We got to the place where we were going to stay. It was like a little house with enough rooms for twenty people. It was very hot and there were many mosquitoes!! I had to put on bug repellent every day!

While my parents were in class, my brothers and I hung out at another missionary's house. They had kids about our age and we would play after they got out of school. There was a gym there at the place we stayed at and we would play basketball and soccer at night. The mks were really kind and spoke English. All the kids went to a English school in the middle of this little campus.

They had many types of fruit up north. Especially there where we were! There was this one little fruit that looks sort of like a blueberry but it tasted nothing like one. It was FRESH Acai it was very good! They had ice cream made of it and it was the best fruit I'd ever tasted! We have it here in Ribeirao too but it's a bit more expensive.

While I was there I had a very bad allergic reaction to something I got back in Ribeirao Preto. We think it might of been two different things, Mango skin or a chemical burn from a cleaning solution. The chemical burn was all over my face and it itched really bad. (THANKS TO A GIRL IN SCHOOL WITH ZERO MANNERS)
The reaction from the mangos were on my arm and spreading down my back. We didn't know what to do so we decided to go to a hospital because I couldn't stop itching it! We went to the hospital and they said I would have to have two shots one in the vein and one in the muscle. I didn't really mind having the shots because I really wanted it all to get better so I got the shots and I went home and now it is all better!!!

While I was there I stood 15 feet from the Amazon river!!! We went down to the docks the night before we flew out and that was awesome! We woke up at 2:30am on Saturday morning! Got to the airport in Belem at 3am and we were off on our flight for the same course back home! We had a great trip and I was glad that we were able to make many new friends and experience what Brazil truly is!

Being tomorrow is Thanksgiving we are going to get together with all of our American missionary friends and have a big Thanksgiving dinner at my house! I can't wait because we are going to have a turkey and a ham! Plus our last days of school are coming to a end! We get out of school December 17 but all the regular class are over on the 3rd!! We just go to school the rest of the days to hang out! Then after that It's CHRISTMAS!! My grandparents are flying down to celebrate with us! I really can't wait!

1 comment:

  1. Dude,that sounds awesome! I think we shoud talk on facebook sometime! We really miss you all up here! Really love reading all you blogs! Keep Postin!
    NICK PARSONS

    ReplyDelete